I am a Lecturer (Assistant Professor), at Central Department of Computer Science, Tribhuvan University (TU), Kathmandu Nepal and currently on study leave to pursue my PhD in computer science and information technology (CSIT) at CQUniversity, Australia. Prior to joining Tribhuvan University in 2017, I worked as a Computer Officer for Nepal Government from 2014 to 2017. I graduated with M.Sc.CSIT with Distinction (Gold Medal) form TU in 2012.I skilled in Natural language processing for Nepali language in the areas of Part of speech tagging, text classification, text summarization and clustering. My research areas include application of machine learning in natural language processing, text mining, image processing in general. At present, I am working on application of machine learning for precision agriculture which particularly deals with drone images.
- October, 2021, A paper titled “ Natural language processing for Nepali text: A review”, has been accepted for publication on “Artificial Intelligence Review” (IF-8.139, Q1). Many thanks to Dr. Chiranjibi Sitaula for total collaboration in this project.
- October, 2021, A paper titled “Examining Adoption of Mobile Game in Nepal with Extended TAM” has been accepted for publication on “ Intl. Journal of Business Information Systems” by Inderscience publication. Congratulations Dr. Arjun Neupane for leading this work.
- September, 2021, A paper titled “Deep learning Based Framework for Spatiotemporal Data Fusion: An Instance of Landsat 8 and Sentinel 2 NDVI” has been accepted for publication on “Journal of Applied Remote Sensing” (SCI indexed-IF 1.53, Q2 ). Congratulations Dr. Bhogendra Mishra for leading this work.
- June, 2021, Served as a Reviewer for International conference on communication, information and computing technology(ICCICT-2021)- AIML track (https://conference.spit.ac.in/).
- May, 2021, Completed first milestone of PhD- Confirmation of Candidature (CoC), CQUniverstiy, Australia.
- August, 2020, A Paper titled “Stock Price Forecasting with Deep Learning: A Comparative Study” has been accepted in “Computer Science section” of Journal- Mathematics (IF-2.25, JCR(Q1))
- July 30-August 3, I served as Orgnizing Member in 3rd Natioanal Workshop On machine Learning and Data Scienc-2020 (Online) https://mldsn.org
- Feb, 2020, I moved to Rockhampton, Queensland, Australia as a Research Higher Degree (RHD) student with RTP scholarship.
- July, 2019 I got a Scholarship Package (Travel Grant, Registration and Accommodation) for attending Eastern European Summer School(EEML),2019 in Romania.
- Mach, 2019, I recieved Travel Grant for attending International Spring School on Advanced Language Engineering-ISSALE-2019 in Sri Lanka by DAAD Germany.